This 2.5-day course has been designed to enable delegates to gain a full understanding of the general principles of the requirements of the Standard, including fundamental clauses and statements of intent.
Delegates will also learn how certificated audits against the Standard operate including closing the audit, corrective actions and certificate issue.
Day 3 of the course will be a half-day session on Protocol and Report Writing and will conclude with a mandatory online exam.
Before the course you must have read and reviewed a copy of the Standard, which is available to download free of charge from the BRC Bookshop.
This course is part of the BRC Global Standards Professional recognition programme.
THE COURSE IS AIMED AT:
AT THE END OF THE COURSE YOU WILL:
- understand the background and benefits of the Standard;
- understand the details of the scheme including audit scope and planning for the audit and the Global Markets programme;
- have a detailed knowledge of the requirements including fundamental clauses and statements of intent;
- understand how an audit is closed, what corrective actions are and how certificates are issued;
- know about different audit options available including Options 1 and 2 of the unannounced scheme;
- understand the current compliance monitoring of certification bodies by BRC Global Standards; and
- understand the benefits of being listed on the BRC Global Standards Directory.