ABOUT THE BRC Global Standards CONSULTANTS SCHEME
The BRC Global Standards Consultants scheme was developed to help manufacturers achieve and maintain BRC certification, with Consultants acting as a link between BRC Global Standards and the site.
With their skills, knowledge and experience, a BRC Global Standards Consultant can be a huge benefit on your journey towards gaining certification. And you’ll have the assurance that your Consultant is up-to-date with the BRC Global Standards and is able to consult with professionalism, integrity and competence.
WHAT CAN A BRC GLOBAL STANDARDS CONSULTANT DO FOR YOU?
- A pre-assessment to determine your requirements
- A gap analysis
- Advice on developing a written plan and timeline for implementation
- A review of existing practices and procedures and suggestions for improvement
- Help with troubleshooting
- Advice on setting up management systems including record keeping
- Ongoing guidance to technical and quality teams
- Advice on implementing the BRC Standards certification program
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF USING A BRC GLOBAL STANDARDS CONSULTANT?
- Access to an industry expert with experience in your sector who can offer practical advice
- A professional who is always available to provide support to the management team when operational reviews or testing is required
- An expert who works closely with the BRC Global Standards Technical team and so receives first hand advice from the team in charge of the scheme
- Someone with a thorough understanding of the BRC Global Standard and what’s needed for certification
- Some BRC Global Standards Consultants are also trainers, so can help you and your team with your training needs too.
HOW ARE CONSULTANTS SELECTED FOR THE SCHEME?
To maintain and safeguard the integrity of the BRC Global Standards, it's essential our consultants meet strict criteria if they want to achieve registration, including:
- Rigorous background checks to ensure they have the right skills and knowledge
- The completion of BRC Global Standards training and exams
- Education to degree level in the relevant sector of the BRC Global Standard
- A minimum of 5 years’ sector experience
- Completion of a QMS Lead Auditor course
- Two professional references