What is food safety culture excellence?
Many organisations are beginning to realise that despite investment in food safety training, system implementation and auditing, something is still missing. This ‘something’ is the assessment of their food safety culture, which until now has been very difficult to measure.
Behaviour-based systems for measuring food safety complements the normal risk-based, system and process checks, as it offers insight into what employees really think and understand about food safety.
Taylor Shannon International (TSI) are industry leaders in the fields of food safety, management, education and organisational culture, and have developed an assessment of food safety culture, converting what is often a broad or blurry concept into a measureable score and analysis which, if repeated annually, provides a baseline with which to compare the success of ongoing investments and changes. This is based on over 15 years of research.
BRC Global Standards can now offer sites and specifiers a measure of food safety culture through our additional module that is conducted after the normal audit process through an assessment questionnaire to employees across all levels.
How to get the Additional Module
To arrange adding this Additional Module to your audit, or if you have any questions and would like to discuss the Additional Module in more detail please contact us.
Why is culture so important?
Hear Dr Joanne Taylor, Director at Taylor Shannon International (TSI), explains the concept of Culture Excellence and how this is applied in the Food Safety Culture Module by listening to the webinar below. She covers some of the reasons that culture is so important, as well as the many advantages companies benefit from as a result of incorporating this assessment into their food safety programme.
Watch the BRC Global Standards Culture Excellence Webinar - click here
The Food Safety Culture Module
- Determines strengths and weaknesses in food safety capability
- Provides real insight into staff opinion, attitude and behaviour
- Provides multi-site businesses with a benchmarking tool to compare sites to each other
- Reveals the 'unseen' culture that goes beyond the day of audit
- Complements the existing audit programme with a behaviour-based approach
- Strengthens your reputation through proactive approach to food safety culture
- Offers significant return for a low cost and hassle-free module added to annual audit
- Measures the impact of training, systems and other initiatives
- Evaluates ROI of budget and identifies the most important targets for resource allocation
- Develops supply chain awareness and supports site-specifier partnerships built on increased confidence
- Adds value to BRC food safety certification as a product exclusive to BRC Global Standards
Exclusively available for BRC Global Standards food safety certificated sites, the Food Safety Culture Module is the only GFSI scheme that can offer such a service and provides manufacturers with insight into the culture of their organisation.
DOWNLOAD MORE INFORMATION HERE